Thursday, September 1, 2011

little boo and his haunted hut- and some festive wreaths

I've been working on this little guy for a few days now- I can only handle so much hand sewing at a time! I love, love, love how Little Boo ghost turned out- he's so cute!! I didn't do all the embroidery detail on his haunted hut though. I decided to keep it simple and I was very pleased with the end result. Of course, this was all made from felt- my new favorite thing! lol. I also made another set for my sister since she's a big Halloween fan.

Earlier I made the mistake of scrolling through a bunch of posts on craftgossip.com (this is definitely one of my new favorite sites!). I happened to find endless patterns for new felt projects- and a lot of others too. Oh, where to begin!


I finally finished my wreaths that I've been working on. I think that the Xmas one with the red and green rosettes would be great in so many other color palettes too. On the fall wreath, I didn't have any yarn that I thought was a good match so I decided to instead use some grosgrain ribbon that I already had. I tried to use items that I already had around the house (leftover yarn, ribbon, felt scraps, beads, etc.) The only new item that was used was the foam wreath- which I bought at the dollar store. The red felt was new too but I actually bought that to make poinsettias and other flowers with, so does that count? lol.
Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment