Tuesday, September 13, 2011

super cute felt banners

Today I finally finished my felt banners- one Halloween, and the other one is fall-themed. I LOVE the way they turned out! Of course, I had to make a few changes since I had to work with what I had. The fall one has been done for a while now, I just had to make the buttons and attach the ribbon. I found another template on the same website for a Halloween banner too, and I just had to make it. There's a Christmas one too that I haven't started yet but I'll get to it eventually! There's also a couple of other banners and wall hangings on the site for other holidays too. What I love about these banners, is that the background is a 9x12 sheet of felt so they're small, and you can use up your scraps for all the different shapes. This is a great project for crafters of any skill level since you can get a little creative with the instructions. I don't see any reason why you couldn't glue the shapes on the banner instead of hand sewing. Even if you don't have any felt at home, you could easily make this project for about $1 - $2 (it just depends on if the felt squares are on sale- and they are at Michael's this week!) If you want to make your own banner, here's the link for the Halloween banner: http://www.holiday-crafts-and-creations.com/homemade-halloween-decorations-banner.html  And here's the link to the fall/harvest banner: http://www.holiday-crafts-and-creations.com/thanksgiving-crafts-to-make-banner.html  Remember, be creative, use what you have, and have fun! BTW- the fall/harvest banner would make a great hostess gift if you're visiting family and friends for Thanksgiving. Until next time, Happy Crafting!!

1 comment: