Wednesday, August 31, 2011

a little xmas- and a donut?

Today I finished up a few Xmas-y crafts that I've been working on. These styrofoam trees turned out pretty well, especially since I used what I had already(except for the smaller cone which I bought at the dollar store), making this a bit of a recycled craft. Here's the link to the original project: http://www.favecrafts.com/Christmas-Decorations/Tissue-Paper-and-Yarn-Trees-From-Plaid/ml/1 . I was thinking that if you wanted to make this craft but didn't already have styrofoam cones you could probably use cardboard and form it into cone shapes. Just an idea! FYI- mod podge is impossible to get of your hands! I've washed them at least 20 times (not exaggerating!) and I still have some stuck on my hands. ugh!


Another Xmas craft I finished up today were these felt bird ornaments. Another easy project that you could make out of any shape. These might be cute in bell shapes for Xmas too. The embroidery went pretty quick too since you can be a little creative with it. These would also be a great project to use up felt scraps. Also, a good project for kids- only maybe use fabric paint instead of embroidery? probably safer! lol

So about that donut... I got a little tired of my pins and needles in a bag (since they were falling off the other pincushion I had) so I decided to make a new pincushion. I found this idea when I was searching for a pattern, and alas- a donut pincushion was born! Chocolate with sprinkles too- now I'm hungry!

No comments:

Post a Comment