Sunday, August 28, 2011

flowers, flowers, and more flowers!


Today I decided to experiment with some more felt flowers- there are so many out there and they are so addicting! Once you start making them,  its almost impossible to stop (unless you run out of felt in certain
colors!) So I decided to make my flowers useful instead of just pretty by gluing pins to the back of them. Now I can use them on sweaters, bags or even around the house (on pillows, curtains, etc.) The possibilities are endless. As my felt flower fest continued I decided to make a smaller flower into a ring and not surprisingly, I love it!

The other day I got a great new magazine which has so many holiday
craft ideas (felt, crochet, paper, painting, etc.). With so many fabulous projects, the biggest question is where to begin. Since I've been on a felt kick, I decided on the felt pinecone. I liked the color of the one in the magazine better, but being the thrifty crafter that I am, I decided to work with what I had. And you know what- I really like it. I see a trip to Michael's in my future to stock up on some more felt!
Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment