Monday, October 10, 2011

my Missoni

I've always been a fan of bright (and slightly wacky!) prints and designs, so of course, when Target released their Missoni line, I immediately fell in love! While I think some of the clothes were a bit much (too much zig-zagging for most sizes!), I loved their accessories. Note: I have a slight addiction to accessories (scarves, hats, bags, etc. etc). So of course, as a knitter I immediately thought, I could so make my own- and in the colors that I wanted! So here's what I came up with: The first pic is a hat I made and loved the colors so much (and had leftover yarn still!) so I decided to make some matching gloves. I cheated a little by knitting only the cuffs and attaching them to store-bought gloves (from where else, but the dollar store!) The really great thing about these projects is that since there's a lot of striping going on, they're a great way to use up your yarn stash. I love any project where I can use what I already have and resist the temptation of another trip to the craft store! The next pic is of the first hat that I made. I used similar colors to the real Missoni hat that I saw at Target (pic on the right). I think I like mine better (less pink!)
I saw the pattern for this vase cozy on the Caron newsletter. They too, decided to get in on the Missoni craze. I decided to make mine a little more autumn-ish, and to add a few felt flowers that I made. I already had the vase, the branches, the wire stems for the flowers, and lots of leftover felt, so this was another thrifty project!  The last pic is of some pillows that I made.I found this great fabric and I only needed 1/2 yard of fabric to make two pillow covers (for, of course, pillows that I already had!). I had seen similar Missoni pillows at Target for $30 each (mine cost under $1 each!) Being crafty rocks!! I've had a blast making my own Missoni accessories and now find myself looking around the house for other things that I can Missoni-ize! Until next time... Happy Crafting!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment