Thursday, October 20, 2011

Airplane knitting

I don't really like travelling but I figured if I had to be on a plane all day then I might as well knit. So I wanted to find a project that would be pretty simple and not too big. I had bought this yarn awhile ago at Michael's on clearance because I liked the color but it was the only one so I figured I'd make a hat or something out of it. Then I noticed the pattern on the label and I thought why not make these wrist warmers instead of yet another hat (note, I am also crocheting another hat anyway!) These were really simple and quick- I finished one on a 5 hour flight! I started the other one on my next flight but that didn't work out so well- I'll just say the turbulence was bad and leave it at that! After a night of rest (and recovery from awful travel!) I managed to finish the second one today, and I have to say I really love them! They'll be great for keeping warm and being able to use my phone. Just think, I can wear them while blogging! You can find the pattern on Bernat's website, just search for wrist warmers- its the one that uses Bernat jacquards. I have to say that this experience gave new meaning to "adventures in crafting"! Well until next time...Happy Crafting!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment